Mascara is... tricky. Sometimes the brush is perfect and the formula is too thick/thin, and sometimes the formula is brilliant and the brush is too small or the shade is too bold, etc.
For a while, I've been using two mascaras at once. It was working for me very well, but I really wanted to try this new mascara to see if I could eliminate time in the mornings, and it wasn't expensive. Previously, I was using L'oreal Telescopic Explosion for length and separation, and then coating Maybelline Lash Blast over that for volume. It looked really great and it held the curl of my lashes much longer. But, it is an extra step and I wanted something quick.
I picked this up and tried it the next morning. I bought it in blackish brown.
- The color makes my blue eyes pop a bit more than plain black mascara.
- The brush is curved, and it grabs every lash at once.
- It dries fairly quickly.
- It doesn't clump very much.
- It's very easy to take off at night.
- The packaging looks a bit generic and the lettering is a bit hard to read, though I do like the shade of purple.
- I have to swipe the tip of the brush on the rim because it gets a bit of a product overload and can cause clumping.
- It's a very flexible formula, so it's naturally a bit on the "wet" side. This means that it smudges pretty easily.
- It in no way makes it look like I have false lashes on. Which.... honestly isn't that big of a problem.
Overall, I really do like the mascara, but after a few days of using it, I haven't decided if it's my HG (holy grail) mascara yet. I don't like having to check and make sure I don't look like a raccoon every few hours, but it does make my lashes look very full. I'll give it a 3 1/2 waffle stack rating.