Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Product Review: Illy Brand Coffee

Click here to go to the Illy website.

I have loved coffee since I was, I think, ten years old.  I love the smell, the taste, and all the different things you can do with it!  So, suffice it to say, Italy has been wonderful.  

I practically wept when I heard there are no Starbucks Locations in Italy, but it's truly been ok.  Every once in a while I crave my venti no classic breve iced coffee, but I'm sure it will make our reuniting ever sweeter.  

For now, I am loving the way Italians drink coffee, and one of their favorite brands is Illy.  I found out that, though it's more expensive, it actually sells in the states!  So you can have a little taste of Italy, too.

We have a can of the Illy espresso powder, and it's very good.  The best place to drink Illy is in a cafe where someone else (a professional) makes it for you.  In that regard, Illy is truly delicious.  The home espresso, though, is still phenomenal.  It has a perfect level of strength and vibrancy (oh look who's fancy now), but it doesn't have any bitter aftertastes.

Cons?  I'd say that if it's even slightly overcooked, it does tend to get a strange aftertaste, but it's not too pronounced.  Also, again, the stuff from cafe's is way better.  I think I'll be giving Illy Brand Coffee 4 out of 5 waffle stacks, and I definitely think you should try it!




No comments:

Post a Comment