Friday, October 8, 2010

Product Review: Caress Whipped Souffle Ultra Silkening Body Wash

I was looking for a new body wash, because I wasn't happy with the smell of the my Dove body wash.  Also, it dried my skin out more than I though it should.  And my skin is already dry enough!  So, when we went to the commissary on Sunday, I picked up a bottle of this Caress Whipped Soufflé body wash, because I had heard some really great things about it.  Here's what I think about it:

Pros:

  • The packaging is really attractive, and the pink color of the wash is cute.
  • The smell is pretty nice straight out of the bottle.
  • It leaves my skin really soft after I use it.
  • It doesn't foam up a lot, so I can tell it doesn't have any parabens or harsh chemicals like that.

Cons:

  • The smell doesn't last at all.  Once your rub it into your skin, it gets and odd after-smell (?) that is a bit reminiscent of bath salts.
  • The product isn't well concentrated, so you have to use a lot of it.
  • It's a little bit slimy in texture, and it takes a minute to wash the slimy feeling away.
So overall, it's not a bad product, because it does moisturize my skin and that's what I need.  So yes, I would buy it again.  But, there are a lot of things I don't like about it that I'll just have to deal with to get the moisture I need.  So overall, I'll get it a 3 1/2 out of 5 waffle stacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment